Saturday, February 16, 2008

Go ahead...ask me.

Let me have em! Questions that is. I will do my VERY best to answer them. I can tell you what works for me and what doesn't.

Debbie, I am working on a tutorial for the French twists. I need to ask my friend to demonstrate it for me on her daughter while I take pictures. That is one you definitely need both hands for. I am also working on a tutorial for how to use a flat iron as a curling iron. For now I will just tell you that I clamp the hair with the flat iron by the scalp. I turn the iron as if it were a curling iron and I slowly pull it through keeping the iron clamped and turning it as I move it towards the end. It is important that the edge of your flat iron have a bevel or is rounded. A sharp edge makes terrible lines in the hair. I would love to own a Chi, but I think they are a fad. I have a cheapy from Wal-Mart that has an adjustable heat setting so that I don't get the temperature up to high on my middle daughters blonde hair. Her hair seems so much more delicate than her sisters sturdy brunette hair. It is heavy and it works beautifully!

Ity...and anyone else who was wondering. I try really hard to not get the ends as wet as the crown. If I have gotten them wet...and that happens more often than not, I will pull out the blowdryer and dry them off. You just need to be careful when you do this so that you don't blow dry the hair you just spent all of that time working on into fuzz. Also, I will take the ponytail while it is still wet and I will run the flat iron over it. It makes the hair sizzle a bit (I am sure hairdressers everywhere just cringed) but it gets the excess water out and dries it up a bit.

Also another tip...that I have yet to try...but I was talking to my friend Hilary today and she said that when she gets her daughters hair wet, she squirts some "Infusium" on their hair and combs it through before she styles it. It is a conditioner. Her daughters hair rarely have static, so I am certain it works